For Penn undergraduates, the Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies Program offers several academic options. Students may:
- Enroll in individual courses for personal enrichment
- Major in Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies
- Minor in Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies
- Double major in Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies and in another program (i.e., Sociology and Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies)
- Earn dual degrees (i.e., with the Wharton School or the School of Nursing).
- Apply for prizes that support undergraduate research
Update March 2020/COVID-19 School Closure:
Please contact GSWS Associate Director Gwendolyn Beetham for more information about the major/minor, or to schedule a meeting to discuss how to declare a major or minor remotely: email@example.com
Registration for Courses
Undergraduates may register for almost all courses in Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies through the standard registration process. Most courses are cross-listed with departments of the School of Arts and Sciences (SAS) at Penn.
Undergraduate juniors and seniors who wish to enroll in a graduate level course should contact the specific graduate department or professional school for any restrictions that may pertain. Graduate level courses are generally indicated by a number above 500.