Please join us in Cohen 436 for this installment of the Graduate Student Pedgagogy Seminar Series with Dr. Andrew Lamas (Urban Studies).
Negation without depression. Critique without resignation. How do we cultivate the critical amidst the conventional? The imaginative, critical spirit is alive and well in youth. What happens to it? Where does it go? Can we help them to recover it? Can they help us to recover it? What will we do with it once we get it back?
In this seminar workshop, we will make reference to the following materials:
B. Video Slideshow Documentaries
- The Liberty Bell is Cracked
- Creative Reason and Critical Magic
- What's Going On?
- Contradictions: Overcoming the Myth of Sisyphus and Pushing for Social Justice
- Waltzing With Eyes on the Hand of Privilege
- Cracks in the Walls
- Bread and Roses. Tortillas and Sunflowers, Too.
Lunch will be served!Please RSVP (below) to reserve your lunch and to receive any further materials for the seminar!