“Grassroots Organizing in the Era of #MeToo” was in held in honor of International Women’s Day, March 8 and Women’s History Month of March. Along with PWH, the event was sponsored by the Alice Paul Center for Research on Gender, Sexuality, and Women; the Penn Women’s Center; the Ortner Center on Violence and Abuse in Relationships; and the Latin American and Latino Studies Program.
- Veronica Avila, Campaign Manager, Restaurants Opportunity Center (ROC) United
- Verónica Gago, Professor, Instituto de Altos Estudios at the National University of San Martín in Argentina and member Ni Una Menos
- Joanne N. Smith, Founder, and CEO of Girls for Gender Equity
- Nadeen Spence, University of the West Indies, Women and Girls Rights Activist
- Deborah A. Thomas, R. Jean Brownlee Professor of Anthropology in the Department of Anthropology, (moderator)
- LaShawn R. Jefferson, Deputy Director of Perry World House, (introductory remarks)