Created in honor of Phyllis Rackin, a pioneering feminist scholar and former faculty member in the English Department at Penn, this award provides up to $2,000 in research or travel funding to a graduate student in the School of Arts and Sciences whose research creates or promotes new scholarship on women, gender, and/or sexuality in the humanities. Priority will be given to students who have earned a Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies Graduate Certificate (or who are currently enrolled in the program), and to projects leading to the completion of a doctoral dissertation.
- Rackin applications are due on March 15
- notification of awards will be made by mid-April
To Apply, Please complete the online application and include the following in one document:
- 2-page description of project clearly stating the aims and methods of your research
- budget detailing how the award funds will be used (please note that support for caregiving while researching or writing is a permissible expense)
- curriculum vitae
- list of all other secured sources of funding and funding for which you are applying
Please include contact information for two references, preferably from faculty.
This award is subject to 1099 reporting.
For further information, contact Maria Murphy email@example.com