The FQT Center’s LGBTQ & Gender Studies Undergraduate Student Research Expense Grants provide competitive grants up to $500 designed to support research-related expenses for projects that address questions central to LGBTQ and/or gender studies. Expenses may include (but are not limited to) conference registration and travel, research travel, transcription and other materials. The grants cover expenses incurred at any time during the Fall, Spring and Summer terms.
The amount and number of grants will change each year, based on the available budget. Receipts are not required for the grants, but a report outlining how the funds were used must be submitted by September 1 of the following grant cycle. The grants are subject to 1099 reporting. All funds will be disbursed by June 30 of each year.
Funds may be requested for:
- Travel for research (field research, archives)
- Registration, travel and other expenses incurred to attend an academic/professional conference
- Other research related expenses, such as transcription, photocopying, archive-related expenses, etc.
- undergraduate student research grant applications are due April 4th
- notification of awards will be made by mid-May
To Apply, please complete the online application and include in one document:
- 250-word description of your project
- budget for how the funds will be spent
- list of all other secured sources of funding and funding for which you are applying
Grant funds are available to any student doing research related to LGBTQ and/or gender studies, not only GSWS majors and minors.
For further information, contact Maria Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org